Very early 10/06 Saturday morning (1am), while I was in Canada attending a wedding, Myrtle was on a walk with her dog sitter and was startled by a loud noise and slipped out of her collar. She was spotted running around Norman and Monitor and McGolrick Park for a few hours, but we haven't had a solid sighting since that night.
She may be hiding in the industrial lots in Greenpoint or Long Island City/Maspeth. One sighting of a tiny dark dog with pointy ears running around late at night in Canarsie.
Please comment below if you can help by...
- Posting flyers and leaving them at the doors of businesses in that area.
- Donate to the awesome search and rescue dogs that are trying to sniff Myrtle out! http://findmyrtle.chipin.com/search-and-rescue-dogs-trying-to-find-myrtle
- Researching what companies have buildings there and calling/emailing, asking them to keep an eye out
- Going to the ACC in Manhattan or Brooklyn to look for Myrtle – we have sent in the info to them, but that doesn't mean a volunteer will be available to check for her.
- Canvassing door-to-door : put in the comments below what blocks you will go to, so we don't duplicate our efforts.
- Also helpful: printing out flyers and posting them all over Greenpoint, Williamsburg, Bushwick.
- Talking to people walking their dogs.
- I can also use anxiety medication and hugs.
findmyrtle (at) gmail.com