Monday, October 8, 2012

No news. Where is Myrtle?!


Continued to flyer my heart out, along with Elisa, Claire, Hilary, David and others. Trying to stay hopeful. It is cold. I want to wrap Myrtle up in a big blanket and kiss her baby seal head. Her toes smell like fritos. I miss her so much. I just keep thinking about all these things. Her snaggletooth, the little tattoos in her ears that she probably got when she was a puppymill mama. She can't wait to go to bed at night and if I let her she will sleep in until noon. When she's real happy her ears go missing.

I think the best thing we can all do is continue to flyer EVERYWHERE, ANYWHERE. And share on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Tumblr, in real life, email.

Tomorrow morning I must go to the Manhattan ACC in Harlem. Wondering if someone in Queens could check the ACC there?


Here's a before and after of Myrtle – when I got her, her ears were all torn up and scabby, probably eaten by fleas. 


My neighbor handmade this doorstop so we could keep the door propped open for her. It says, "Come home Miss Myrtle." It is the sweetest little piece of wood on earth. 


3 comments:

  1. Hey Danielle- looks like the queens ACC is just a drop off center but no adoption- not sure if that means I can take a look around. I'm going to call in the morning, but will be putting up fliers tomorrow around LIC near the train stops, vet, and dog park tomorrow! call me if you need anything else in LIC - kelsey taylor (randy J hunt from etsy's girlfriend) (818) 523-9929 or ktweireter@gmail.com. sending out positive vibes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thank you, Kelsey - that would be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey danielle, just got home from flyering and wanted to offer up a map of the areas that i hit so that everyone who is on the street time treads new ground. of the people that i talked to along the way, a lot them said, "yes, we saw the signs and we're looking for myrtle too!"

    if anyone tries to collaborate and it doesn't work, let me know... i'm not sure that i have the hang of google maps.
    http://goo.gl/maps/eHlDm

    ReplyDelete