Friday, October 26, 2012

For Our Friends the Animals

Sweet Pea Myrtle

A few scattered thoughts for those who may be checking in. Going to re-flier this weekend and have some help coming in on Sunday. I hope the weather doesn't get too bad, and if it does, that we find Myrtle by then. She could still be outside, she is very shy and I just can't imagine her letting a stranger pick her up.

Rose and I did laundry tonight and between loads we decided to walk down to wear Myrtle was last seen. I saw a woman feeding a few stray cats on the way and stopped to talk to her. She took care fo these cats, even made sure they were spayed and neutered, vaccinated and healthy. She knew all about Myrtle and said she had printed out her picture and had it up next to a Saint Francis statue on her table at home. All this love that is being sent to Myrtle and I, I do not take it for granted. I store it up to use when I need it.


Through this endeavor I have learned all about TNR - Trap, Neuter, Return with neighborhood stray cats. Great, right?

Thought I'd share a quote and a poem that was passed on to me this week. (Thank you Jessica & Melanie!)


When things go wrong, as they sometimes will,  
When the road you're trudging seems all uphill, 
When the funds are low and the debts are high, 
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh, 
When care is pressing you down a bit,
Rest, if you must, but don't you quit.
Life is queer with its twists and turns,
As every one of us sometimes learns,
And many a failure turns about,
When he might have won had he stuck it out;
Don't give up though the pace seems slow--
You may succeed with another blow.
Often the goal is nearer than,
It seems to a faint and faltering man,
Often the struggler has given up,
When he might have captured the victor's cup,
And he learned too late when the night slipped down,
How close he was to the golden crown.
Success is failure turned inside out--
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt,
And you never can tell how close you are,
It may be near when it seems so far,
So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit--
It's when things seem worst that you must not quit.
- Author unknown

Wish us luck this weekend – let's bring this chihuahua home!




Oh before I go, check out an interview with me that reveals some unsavory turns the search for Myrtle has taken in Brooklyn Magazine, Checking In On Myrtle, Brooklyn's Most Famous Lost Dog.

3 comments:

  1. Lots of good thoughts and words here. Will be thinking about you this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still thinking about you both Danielle. I keep checking in with hope and am sending lots of hugs. I am glad you have Rose there to help be some comfort. POSITIVE THOUGHTS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. just read the interview, you're so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete